Too Many Rose Bouquets... not

Can you have too many babies? YES... unless it's Rose Bouquet or Watermelon Snow. I personally put down too many optimara State Parks series leaves that I traded for. I didn't expect them to produce so many babies, but they did! I only really wanted one healthy one from each leaf to keep my collection going.






I love this series but I only have so much room. I'm going to keep one or two of each one so I can keep them going and if I can't get rid of them any other way I will donate them to a nursing home hopefully in bloom when I do, give them away or as a last resort start pitching them in the can.

I just separated my baby plant varieties out by name and I have as many as ten babies of Yosemite II, Smoky Mountains II, Rocky Mountains II and Sequoia. I have Crater Lake II babies coming up from leaves I put down when my original plant went south. Glad I didn't lose that one.





I still have a good weather mailing window opening up this fall to get rid of some more plants. I have many more besides the State Parks Series. I have a few Powwow, Trinket Summer Skies babies and some others I need to move out like a couple dozen or so Rose Bouquet. Oh yes I did. And - I have Watermelon Snow leaves down too. I once said if I could only grow two plants it would be Rose Bouquet and Watermelon Snow. That's how much I love these plants! I have also have 2 suckers of WS down!

My all time favorite african violet flower is without a doubt Rose Bouquet (9028) 2001 (G.T. Smith) Double pink frilled star/darker eye. Mosaic variegated medium green, pink and white, plain, quilted. Standard. And, it's popular sport is called Watermelon Snow.  Which looks just like it only it has a whiter with slightly pink flower and the leaves are variegated creamy yellow instead of pink.







I guess it's better to have a few too many to make sure you get the varieties you want than to not have a leaf down and lose one you really love. That's my reasoning anyway. Is that really a bad thing? To be surrounded by too many flowers? I don't think so.

Happy violeting!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTES

August 8, 2018 - Babies are continuing to grow my Crater Lake 2016 leaves.

August 12, 2018 - I've grouped all my Rose Bouquet babies together. They are different ages but some are starting to bloom. I might auction those off. If I remember right, I paid way too much at auction for my first plant of Rose Bouquet.




Comments

Popular Posts