Welcome Spring!

The big sleep is over and the spring equinox has arrived. Ok, so I'm a few days late with that but - nevertheless, the violets are starting to wake up. They really do put on a show in spring although they bloom year round for me. It's like they're fuzzy-headed in the winter. A lot like me after I eat chocolate.





Anyway, my first wide awake bloomer this spring is Rebel's Rosebud. She just demanded my attention this morning and said, "Clean me up!" So I gave her a good grooming and took her picture. Actually I've had many of them bloom before now, but I basically ignored them until I was ready.

I'm not as active in winter with them and I let them sleep for lack of a better word. They actually don't "sleep" but slow down in growth and that means that I can water them less, tent them for humidity and basically neglect them most of the winter while I pursue my other hobbies.

Oh, I have more violets coming on now. Trinket Summer Skies, Pow Wow, Modesty, Ness' Peppermint Stick to name a few are budding nicely. There will be a cleaning and counting soon.



Comments

Popular Posts