An Update and Modesty Too

It's been a while since I posted but I'm not "back into" growing violets again, I really never stopped. I just don't have the time to do everything I want to do so I have to re-prioritize all my crafts and hobbies from time to time and I'm greatly affected by the seasons.  And I just don't want to propagate and sell at the level I used to. 


MODESTY

I've waited a while for this one to bloom. It's an Optimara violet called "Modesty". The leaves are variegated with cream and pink. The pink is darker in the center and changes to pink on the outer edges. The flowers are a nice shade of purple too. I'm glad I kept it.



It already has good symmetry going on. I started to cut my collection down to a manageable number over a year ago and just kept the absolute favorites that I love. Not all of them are in bloom but this one just couldn't hold back any longer. 

When I made a few changes, I also got rid of my purple grow lights. I hated those things! My violets liked them though but I don't miss them one bit. They always hurt my eyes.

Last winter I lost my two remaining space violets but since I first found the biggest one at Lowes, there's always hope for more. Selective Gardener is always an option again too. There's plenty of violets in the sea... lol.

Just had to show off this beauty. She's a keeper.



Who knows? If I don't post regularly I might just rearrange and update some pages. Happy violeting!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Comments

Popular Posts