Time to Repot and Decapitate

Spring is perfect for restarting old long necked violets and separating babies. I have kept a dozen or so of my favs going for quite a while now and although I don't think I will ever grow and propagate them on a grand scale again, I will probably always have a few violets in my world.



I have to admit that my favorites seem to always come back to Optimara violets. My local Lowes no longer carries them. They are buying from a Canadian grower now with no way to identify their flowers so I won't be buying them. I do have two little Canadian grown violets that my daughter bought for me from Walmart a while back and they are really blooming nicely. I call them "pink number 1" and "purple number 2". I hate the word "No id" because people spit it out like a cuss word in violet land. I call them "unnamed". 




It doesn't really matter what their names are unless you're showing or selling. I just enjoy them for their beauty.



Comments

Popular Posts