Powwow Wow!

I have wanted a red violet almost as long as I have wanted colors of yellow and green. I didn't even know they came in those three colors until I started collecting again. This is the reddest red violet I have and I think it's just beautiful.




I felt like an idiot the first time I saw a green african violet in the hardware store. I thought there was something wrong with them so I didn't buy one. I thought they were odd. I went home and looked them up on the internet. It wasn't until a few days later that I decided to go back to the store and get one but I was too late - they were all gone! And I haven't seen one there since. I could have kicked myself for not knowing how special they were... and hard to find.

I didn't even know there were green ones until 2017. You could say I've been out of the african violet loop for a while. The last time I grew violets they only came in colors of white, pink, lavender and purple. A lot has happened while I was out of the loop.

As soon as I started collecting and growing them again, I had to have one of each of those colors... and then I discovered chimeras, russian and fantasy violets. WOW is all I can say. And since the internet is so social and available this decade, anyone can easily buy or trade any type of violet they want. You don't have to depend on just what you can find locally any more.






There is so much information out there to help you succeed, you would be hard pressed not to be able to successfully grow the african violet.

Powwow! Out of all of my violets, this one gets the most attention and remarks in the online groups where it is shown. It is a pretty one. I know, I know. I've already got a leaf put down.



Popular Posts