I Love Rob's

I love Rob's violets. Last year I acquired about seven or so leaf pots of assorted Rob's violets from a grower who didn't want to/have time to separate them out into individual pots, so he auctioned them off. Aren't they colorful? Lucky me. I thought I had won the lotto. And I've been waiting ever since for them to grow. They are still in shot glasses... tick, tick, tick...




Now I have probably a couple of dozen of them scattered out here and there. Most of them I keep together but a few have escaped into larger pots and grouped in with larger violets. That's my system. I group by size, not by name. So if you outgrow your itty bitty pot, you get a little bigger pot and get moved up to the bigger boys dome to grow some more.

The ones that grow into their own mini pot and are about to flower get bumped up into a tray with the dome gradually removed so they can adjust to more air. At this stage, they grow pretty quickly.

But I still have a tray of Rob's babies that I separated last year that I'm waiting to bump up into 2 inch mini-pots. Sloooooowwwwwwwwwww isn't the word for them. Some of them are really slow to grow and even slower to flower so when they finally do - it's a celebration! It will look like a tropical mini paradise around here.

But until then, I'm still waiting... tick, tick, tick...


Comments

Popular Posts