Good News and Bad News

I killed Little Trio. I ordered this plug straight from the grower so I know it was healthy. I don't really know what happened. I've never killed a violet so thorough and so fast in my life. It was doing well, had just bloomed its head off and the outer leaves needed grooming so I plucked off a few older leaves from the outer edge.





The next thing I knew, within a matter of days, the plant started to shrivel up like the witch's toes under the house that landed on her. I watched helplessly while my plant died. I domed it but too late. I think it had a virus or something because I never knew what hit it and it was the only one of my plants that died. I will never know what got it but you can bet I will never take off more than one row of outer leaves again. Maybe it dehydrated from the leaf loss? I don't know.

I can't stress enough NOW that you need to put down a leaf of each variety you have that you can't live without as soon as you get them. As soon as your new plant has a healthy leaf to give - pick it and plant it. Stick it into water or dirt, but do it quickly because you never know what will happen to your favorite plants.




The good news is that I DID put down a leaf and a stem (just in case)! So yes, I will be trying to grow them again. It always happens to the ones you love the most it seems. So go now and put down some leaves of your favorites before you forget. Make it a habit. You'll be glad you did some day!



Comments

Popular Posts