Spotlight On Jolly Cupid

I recently discovered the joys of miniature violets and now I'm hooked. My most recent addition is the ever cute Jolly Cupid.






I "accidentally" won a bid on this little jewel and thought I would see if I liked raising them too. I do have a lot of miniatures put down as leaves and plantlets, but this is my second full grown mini and it's in bloom! I fell in love!






What I have learned about minis is that they require a little different food than standards. I use an Optimara 7-9-5 food that is dropped into their water. They have a little different requirements for care too. They need to be checked on more frequently because their pots are smaller and the water evaporated quicker. I don't like to wick water but a lot of people do.






I guess I'm just in love with violets period! I love them all. They are the perfect hobby plant. Minis take up a lot less room than standards so you can grow more of them. They are easy to get hooked on because they look like little jewels! And who doesn't like jewels?





Comments

Popular Posts