Time For a Repot

My leafpots and plant starts have really gotten big and it's about time to repot them and give them their own space.





I recently got some leafpots with the mother leaf still attached. There aren't too many babies in each pot but there are more babies coming up still attached to the mother leaf but not big enough to separate yet.

And some of my plantlets are quickly outgrowing their pots. So it's time to move on up. As soon as they are separated from the mother, my miniatures go into little clear plastic shot glasses and my standards go into their own 3 oz. plastic cup. The shot minis get moved up to 3 oz. cups and stay there where they are fully grown. The 3oz. standards get moved up to 5 oz. cups, then 3-1/2 inch pots, finally to 4 inch pots and stay there when fully grown.






I limit the size of my violets since I don't grown for show and I have limited space for the ones I keep. I only have one or two large ones in my whole collection. I regularly remove the outer ring of leaves on my violets so they will produce more flowers. With growers who show it's the opposite. They remove the buds to grow the leaves larger until about 2 months before a show.

But the buds and flowers are the main reason I grow!!! I wait for them to bloom so I can take their picture and enjoy the beautiful flowers year round. You can't be sad or angry or worried for long when you're looking at beautiful flowers.

That's the message from nature, "Don't worry, be happy!"






Comments

Popular Posts