WOO HOO! AV Babies in Less than a Month

I can't believe how fast this leaf put out babies! I checked it on 09-28-17 and could hardly believe it's got baby leaves already. It's a Kostina Fantazia and I put it down on 09-02-17. That breaks every record I have for propagation of any african violet leaf... ever. Just look at that teeny tiny leaf at the base of the smaller leaf:






Most leaves take at least a month to put out roots and another month to put up leaves but this one already has tiny little leaves in less than a month! I used rooting hormone powder on these leaves but I think the smaller one is just a younger leaf and was ready to take off before it was planted.

If all my leaves did this - I would run out of room real quick. I wouldn't be able to give them away fast enough! Go baby leaf go!



Comments

Popular Posts