Bringing in the Geraniums

I've grown scented geraniums for several years now because I love them. They are so easy to take care of and they smell wonderful with their rose, lemon, apple and nutmeg scents. They make perfume out of the oil from the ones called Attar of Roses. But they really smell great when you walk through the garden and brush against them. I love their fragrance.







It's going to be time soon to bring in the plants to keep over winter. All I have this year to bring in is my scented, fancy and trailing geraniums. I really planted several perennials this year and a few annuals for color but I love my geraniums blooming in a sunny window at Christmas and this year I have a few fancy ones that I'm not sure will live indoors all winter or not... we'll see.








I also have a Norfolk Island Pine that's about six years old. I put it out on the deck every summer and bring it in every fall. It's getting pretty big so I might just decorate it this year. It's about three foot tall!





But no matter what I bring in, it's going to get sprayed and re-potted. If I see any pesties, it's going to get bagged for a few days with a pyrethrin pesticide too. My geraniums have their own window. They don't mingle with my violets. In all the years I've brought my geraniums in, I have never had a problem with bugs. For some reason, bugs don't like geraniums very much - I'm glad to say.






Comments

Popular Posts