Just a Little Experiment




I know you can't propagate chimeras from leaves but I have a Yukako chimera that I had to take a few leaves off of to keep it symmetrical anyways... so... I took those leaves instead of throwing them away and rooted them.

Whatever they revert back to (in my thinking) will be interesting. And, it doesn't cost me anything to experiment with the leaves I already have.

So my little experiment is two-fold. I want to see if outer leaves will produce babies AND I want to see what a chimera plant produces from a leaf. This may take a while but - I have trouble throwing away perfectly good leaves anyway so we shall see what happens.




I just need room for all these leaf starts. If each leaf starts two or three babies, I may need another room to grow them in. I only have so many windows.



Comments

Popular Posts