It's All About the Violets!

I'm really tired of mini-blinds. I've had them for years and I decided to re-do my violet windows for maximum light. Violets need light and I don't like lighted shelves when mother nature already provides for free. All I have to do is take advantage of it. So, I'm putting a plastic film on my violet windows to illuminate light like a greenhouse.






I've discovered a cheap trick by using thin plastic drop cloths you can get at any dollar store. I put them on the panes with regular clear tape. My violets love it. Mini-blinds filter out a lot of light. With milky plastic, the light gets diffused and makes the room brighter and the windows look frosted while providing an extra barrier to the cold in the winter months.

You can still use pull down shades or blinds for added privacy. The plastic is easily removed from the window frame. You could spend a lot of money on shelving and grow lights if you wanted but you already have good violet lighting if you have good eastern and southern exposure so why not take advantage of it? 

Comments

Popular Posts