It's Christmas!

New babies in the mail! I have an ever growing collection of my favorite violets and that being said, it's still one of the cheapest hobbies I've ever had. You can grow your collection by trading or buying different varieties of leaves, plugs and starter plants from other hobbyists and growers for just a few bucks each.





Starter plants give you the most satisfaction because sometimes they have flowers or buds on them right out of the box. You know with leaves, you have to wait 4-6 months before you're going to see a flower.

I'm always excited to open a box of starter plants. It's like Christmas! I always inspect them for pests and fungus. I have occasionally opened some with a little mold on them from being wrapped in bubble wrap in the mail for several days at a time. But these came wrapped in newspaper tubes and were well wrapped.






I try to not order any in the heat or extreme cold. Spring and Fall are the perfect times to order violet leaves and plants. Just when I think that I have enough plants and don't know where I would put any more - I fall in love with another one.







What I love best about them is that they bloom year round and I really suffer in the winter missing my garden. I need some flower beauty in the winter months! I love the variety of color and that they are easy to grow. I guess I just love them all.



Comments

Popular Posts