No ID Baby Violets

One of the things I love about growing violets and gardening in general is that there is always something to do. Today I'm separating baby plantlets from the mother leaf and planting them in their own little pots so they can grow bigger on their own. You can separate them as soon as you can easily handle them. They just pull away from the mother leaf. I leave the mother leaf in the soil to grow more babies.







I have a few No ID's that I will eventually be able to ID when they bloom. I am not a violet ID snob. If I know the grower, then I can identify the plant by the flowers and leaf characteristics. It's only a No ID until you ID it.








I know the mother leaves are from an Optimara grower so I can go to their site and find my plant when it blooms.  These babies are from leaves that were double planted in a pot that was blooming two different colors. When I divided it, some leaves were dropped. So they were my first propagated leaves that actually produced babies. I've numbered the mother leaves and babies so I can put an ID on them when their corresponding babies bloom.




Comments

Popular Posts